Tuesday, December 27, 2011

MMXII...

So as the new year approaches, I've been thinking about resolutions. Where is my life now and where do I want it to go this year? That's a loaded question for someone who could end up in one of about eight different places next year. But that's a whole other blogpost...

Looking back over the last year, I'm truly amazed at how God has worked in my life - all the things He's taught me and all the ways He's changed me. It's really wonderful to see just how involved God is in my life. Sometimes I don't realize the ways He's growing me until they've already happened, and sometimes I see it as it's going on, but either way, it really is just incredible, and I just feel like I cannot say that enough. :')

Anyway, back to the resolutions...one thing that's really been on my mind lately is the need to have a thankful heart.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 says: "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

So I guess that's what I'm feeling the need to pursue this year. And so I'm planning on doing what DAVO has dubbed "1000 things to be thankful for in 2012"... I'm going to take time every single day to write (in a yet-to-be-purchased fabulous new journal) what I'm thankful for. My goal is to do about 5 things a day, although 1000 would only take 2-3 a day, so there's some flexibility there. Over the past several years especially, I've loved writing down ways God has been faithful (through journaling or blogging or whatever else), because it's so absolutely wonderful to look back on those things later, especially in times of great struggle. That said, I'm really excited to spend an entire year recording all the ways in which God provides for me. Plus this ties into two HUGE themes that God has brought up again and again in my life for a long time now - manna and remembering.

Well, it's almost 3 AM and I'm tired and don't have much more to say, except that anyone reading this should join me in finding "1000 things to be thankful for in 2012"! I'm so absolutely looking forward to God teaching me through this and I'll definitely be posting some of the things I'm thankful for throughout the year! :)

1 comment:

  1. I think this is cool. I plan to do it with you, but am not sure in what format. Ah hah! I just thought of it. I should add these things into my list book. There are a number of pages that blank and also a number of pages that are inappropriate lists. Perhaps I can use that. More later. And! I feel like I should start this list much like a calendar that starts before the new year. Number one on my list for today is: I'm thankful for my wonderful husband, Ted. Tomorrow we celebrate 38 years of marriage. Wow.

    ReplyDelete